Sunday, March 16, 2008

Memories

OK, Jamie you reminded me of some stuff. I used the word "lallygagging" (I don't even know how to spell it) the other day and I had to smile because it is such a "my mom" word! I can't tell you how many times I heard, "quit your lallygagging!" I also remember her letting us come to help her with her classroom at the beginning of each school year. I'm sure we weren't too much help, but she knew we loved to so she let us come anyway. I loved my mom's hands. She had the most slender, perfect fingers and the most beautiful nails. She always kept her nails long enough to scratch my dad's back.(: She worked so hard to make my wedding perfect. That was my mom. She loved us so. I miss her when I don't know how to make baked potatoes and when Makenna laughs and I wish she was here to enjoy my kids. I just miss her all the time. Sometimes I wish it would get better but then I wish it wouldn't because I don't want to lose any of her.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I had forgotten that you were doing a blog for your mom until Jamie posted a note on hers. Thank you for sharing your memories of your mom. It helps me to get to know her better and it brings her sweet spirit around. I don't really have a lot of personal memories of your mom, most of our interaction was on a family function basis (except for when I would sleep over at your house when we were little). But, I know that she was an amazing woman in how she loved everyone around her. I wish that she could have had more time to be with her girls too. But sometimes I find myself thinking about all of the lost time she is making up with Bri and it makes my sad heart for you and Jamie a little bit happier. I love you guys, and don't think I tell you that enough.