Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dearest Name

Every night at bedtime I climb into Parker's bed and we snuggle and sing a few primary songs together. It's my favorite time of the day. It's also a way that I hope to build his little testimony of Jesus. He picks two songs and I pick one. Lately I have been teaching him the Dearest Name song. I have always loved it and now it's word bring me a smile and a feeling of peace as I think about my mother. The events of this week made me want to post it here in honor of all of our mothers and especially for those of us whose mother's now watch us and love us from heaven.

I know a name, a glorious name,
Dearer than any other.
Listen, I’ll whisper the name to you:
It is the name of mother.
Mother, so tender and kind and true,
I love you, I love you.
Mother, so tender and kind and true,
I love you.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I know what you mean!
You have been so sweet through out our journey. We are grateful for your family. My mom loved your mom.

Mother's are angels - on earth AND in heaven.
Thanks for everything.
Love,
Dawn Hall (Kathy's daughter)

idaho amy said...

What a sweet post! I know your mom is so proud of the wonderful mother that you are to Parker and Makenna! Your love is a beautiful reflection of her love!

Love you-
Amy